Wonderfully Clean believes that the step toward solving any cleaning problem is to understand it and its causes.Now using this method, we first need to understand what cobwebs are and what causes them.Cobwebs are abandoned spider webs. These webs are usually found in corners and around beams, the ceiling edges and on textured ceilings. Cobwebs make a house look dirty and shabby and give it an abandoned feel.Now the cause of this problem is spiders. If we get rid of spiders, there won’t be any cobwebs to begin with.
So here are two methods by which you can get rid of cobwebs
1. Get rid of spiders:
Fall is the favorite season of spiders. In the season of fall, spiders like to seek shelter in warm areas like your home, garages etc. to protect them from harsh winter. So if you want to stop these spiders from entering your house, make sure that your house is sealed as best as possible. Make sure that all the windows and doors close properly. Patch the cracks if there are any and seal all the problem areas.Don’t keep things stacked around your house. Also make sure that shrubs and trees are not touching your house’s exterior.A very important step to remember is to wash all the produce, especially bananas. Bananas are the favorite place of spiders to lay eggs in a house.
2. Remove the cobwebs:
There are several methods to do so. Some are listed as follows:
- You can grab them and then remove them using a towel.
- You can brush them away. You can do this with help of a broom or by special brooms made for this particular task. You can find cobweb-removing brooms in the hardware store.
- If you don’t have a broom long enough, you can use a pole instead. Simply put a piece of duct tape on one end, with the sticky end on open side and use it to catch and remove the cobwebs. You can also put a sock on that end instead of duct tape and it will give same results.
- You can use fabric softener sheets to remove the cobwebs. Also, a wipe down by these sheets prevents them from coming back again.
- Simple throwing water doesn’t works on cobwebs. But if you throw the same with force behind it, it will wash away those cobwebs. So you can consider hosing down the cobwebs. You can also use a power washer for this task.
- You can vacuum away the cobwebs.
Or Wonderfully Clean can help get rid of the cobwebs and the dust bunnies too!